Premises Liability in GA
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a slip and fall near Augusta Georgia, then call a Augusta GA premises liability attorney today.
Slip and Fall – Premises Liability
Property owners, specifically those that invite the public onto their property, have an obligation under the law to use reasonable care to prevent or treat slippery surfaces. Thousands of people are injured each year, some very seriously when they slip or trip and fall. At times the property owner is responsible for the accident, but sometimes he or she is not. However, property owners must be careful in maintaining their property.
For the owner to be liable for the injuries you suffered from slipping or tripping and falling on someone else’s property, one of these factors must exist:
• The owner of the premises or an employee should have caused the spill, worn or torn spot, or other slippery or dangerous surface or item to be underfoot.
• The owner of the premises or an employee should have known of the dangerous surface but did not take necessary action.
• The owner of the premises or an employee should have known of the dangerous surface as a “reasonable” person taking care of the property would have known and removed or repaired it.
To show that a property owner was aware of a dangerous condition, it must be established that:
• The owner created the condition;
• The owner knew the condition existed and negligently did not rectify it; or
• The condition existed for such a period of time that the owner must have discovered and rectified it prior to the slip and fall incident in question.
If you are a victim of a slip and fall injury, you may be eligible to pursue a significant financial award to cover pain and suffering, loss of wages, medical expenses and more.
We provide quality legal representation to victims throughout Georgia in a range of personal injury matters. With decades of experience successfully representing injured victims, our attorneys have the skills and background to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We offer a high level of personal attention, responding to all phone calls within 24 hours, and regularly meeting with clients at their homes or in the hospital. We offer free initial consultations.
Our attorneys are meticulously detail-oriented and will follow through in every aspect of your case. Our attorneys are team players who are motivated and focused on understanding and meeting the needs of our clients and their families.